how many will fit

Quote:
im g to be cleaning it reaguarly each day (spot cleaning ) and a major clean a week cause i have 4 bantaqm pekins hatching in the next day or so and my friend has silkies hatching

so 4 bantams or 4 silkies would fit in the coop? ill be cleanng it everyday

23577_200920model.jpg

23577_chicken20coop.jpg
23577_coop2.jpg
23577_coop3.jpg
23577_coop4.jpg
23577_product-photo_2.jpg

this is what i have ordered a couple days ago
http://gktrade.com.au/product_info....41f39d3b0f58&gclid=CKKSj-mK9ZkCFYEvpAodcRySRg

Last edited:
Quote:
That's good that you'll be making the run bigger. It looks like the coop/sleeping space is only about 5 sq. ft (2.5 x about 2 feet), so it's pretty small too. Definitely no room for a standard and it will be too crowded for 4-5 bantams if they have to spend anytime at all in there besides sleeping. It's not just whether the chickens will fit, you want to make sure they are content and don't start pecking at each other.

It Looks like a nice size coop & run for 3 bantams - maybe you could just pick your 3 favorites out of the 5 you have - 3's a nice number for a little backyard flock - less poop too.

Quote:
I understand the dimensions - the run is 6.7 x 2.5 feet (16-17 sq ft), but the coop/sleeping area looks to be about a third the length of the run and 2.5 ft. deep (for about 5 sf). The height doesn't figure into square footage.

Generally, standard size chickens do best with at least 10 sf of run space per chicken & 4 sf of indoor coop space per chicken - banties need about 1/2 that space (5 sf of run space & 2 sf of indoor coop space per bantam chicken). The coop you ordered looks VERY nice and perfect for about 3 bantams. It's just on the small size for more than that. Three bantams would need about 6 sf for the coop & 15 sf for the run - you have about 5 sf inside the coop & 17 sf for the run.

It's a plus that the nestboxes are on the outside and don't take up any coop space. You can always try putting a 4th one in there and if they seem overcrowded, rehome one of them later. If you do enlarge the run and they won't be staying inside other than to sleep or lay eggs, you should be fine with 4 of them.

yer thats what i was thinking that they would only be in the hose to sleep and lay or to get away from bad weather ect they would mainly be in the run and after school freeranging

Back
Top Bottom