How many wine makers do we have here?

Today was the day to take all the fruit and veggies out of the cucumber wine. It is definitely etoh, has a funky color sort of greenish yellow, tastes kind of like beer right now, I put more sugar in, it wasn't quite sweet enough yet.

Today was the day to take all the fruit and veggies out of the cucumber wine. It is definitely etoh, has a funky color sort of greenish yellow, tastes kind of like beer right now, I put more sugar in, it wasn't quite sweet enough yet.

Until the alcohol gets up to 15 -18 % (depending on the yeast you used) it will just keep fermenting so stay on top of it, you'll probably have to keep adding sugar until the alcohol tolerance limit has been reached. It will also be highly alcoholic - drink with caution
smile.png

Until the alcohol gets up to 15 -18 % (depending on the yeast you used) it will just keep fermenting so stay on top of it, you'll probably have to keep adding sugar until the alcohol tolerance limit has been reached. It will also be highly alcoholic - drink with caution
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Hoping the color becomes more appealing, lol

Until the alcohol gets up to 15 -18 % (depending on the yeast you used) it will just keep fermenting so stay on top of it, you'll probably have to keep adding sugar until the alcohol tolerance limit has been reached. It will also be highly alcoholic - drink with caution:)
thumbsup.gif
Hoping the color becomes more appealing, lol
It will. Good job so far! :thumbsup

Since tea wine was brought up and I have been wanting to make some for a while, I found a simple recipe.

How To Make Tea Wine
Homemade Wine Recipe

INGREDIENTS: TEA WINE RECIPE

4 pints / 1/2 gallon tea
1 1/2 lbs / 680 grams sugar
1/2 lb / 225 gram chopped raisins
2 lemons
Wine yeast and nutrient

METHOD - WHAT TO DO

Put the tea, sugar and lemon juice in a bucket and stir well. Add the chopped raisins and wine yeast and nutrient and cover and leave for five days. Strain into a demijohn and fit an airlock and leave to ferment.

When fermentation has ceased, rack the wine into a clean jar and place in a cooler environment and leave for a further few months. Rack again if necessary and leave until the wine is clear and stable and then bottle.

Back
Top Bottom