How many years have you been raising chicks?

I had chickens, meatbirds, duck and geese back when I was 20 years old. Had them for four year.

In 2020 I started it up cause I always wanted them again but I narrowed my focus on Swedish flower hen breed this time around. Cause there the only breed that fit all my criteria in what I wanted in a bird.

I'm on year three and have a mixed flock. Started to be more self sufficient, and have only lost three thus far (two adopted rescues who died of old age and a chick that got swooped up by a predatory bird). Right now I have 4 ee, 1 red cochin bantam, 1 black sex link, and 1 Delaware. My newest batch will be from hatching eggs as all the feed stores are selling out so fast. I got true ameraucana eggs from local breeder (hatch date 4.3) and will be getting buff laced polish, mottled cochin, bbs Andalusian, and buff brahma bantam eggs this week to hatch.

Chickens are truly funny critters for sure!

My family got chickens when I was a kid, all the way back in 2005, and they became 'my chickens' within the year. But if you're talking chicks specifically, I've had at least one brood of chicks every year since then except for 2015 I believe. 🙂

And mine all have names, too! All 70 of them. :D

My family got chickens when I was a kid, all the way back in 2005, and they became 'my chickens' within the year. But if you're talking chicks specifically, I've had at least one brood of chicks every year since then except for 2015 I believe. 🙂

And mine all have names, too! All 70 of them. :D
Wow!!! 70 welcome chicken lover and namer 😂

Back
Top Bottom