How MIL saved us some money on our grocery bill

They have the Angel food program here in East texas too same deal. My grandmother uses it for her household of three and it is great food however it was not enough food for my larger family of 6 even purchasing two. On the WIC deal...our income was a little high for the bracket but they make exceptions because the program is based on nutritional need. My second daughter saw a pulmonologist and had a few issues when born and that threw us into the "need" category. Also my youngest (2) is lactose intolerant which also throws us back into the need category again (the other kids are too old for wic now 6,7, and 11). Even though the income doesn't let us qualify the "need" does. On paper it looks like it is much more than what it is with the money.....
smile.png
Also there are ministry programs that have food banks that help people out....I know kind of humiliating but I am not too proud to say that I have had to go there and do that. Sometimes you just do what you have to do to survive and still have some dignity left. I have also done "swaps" with veggie stand people some of mine for theirs...or even jellies and jams I made for fresh produce or the farmer Joe down the street has 2 acres of corn I will go pick with the kids a couple of bushels and give him some home baked goodies in return. I think we all are suffering right now in one form or another but there is light at the end of the tunnel there!!!!!
smile.png

frow.gif
So glad someone else has found this wonderful program.
Our church is a host site. We buy it for our own pantry! It is a blessing!
smile.png

Quote:
I heard that,lol. I know I haven't eaten this much steak,since I worked at the Western Sizzlin,lol.
I've got to place my order by the 8th,might just get two meat boxes this time.
smile.png

Parsonswife, that's wonderful your church hosts the program. They had had it in Monroe, but it was too far for us to drive.Now we have a host site alot closer to us.
Miriam
smile.png

Miriam.. thank you so much! This post has truely been a blessing to my heart this morning. Being a single mom of a 14 year old boy is very hard on the grocery bill, especially now, as prices continue to rise. We are having a hard enough time making ends meet, and I am going next week to apply for food stamps. I found a host church near my office, and I will be calling them for more information.

I like how they give the church a dollar from each package ordered, to help the church out as well. Maybe I can give back by getting my new church to host as well.

Thanks again, Miriam.

how can you beat it for $30? impossible.

the meat boxes are usually a super deal, Miriam...go for it!

my children (who do not eat nuggets etc, usually) love the breaded chicken. way better than at school or the store. not junky.

parsonswife...good for you! what an outreach and blessing.

i know you still want the chicken hangy thingy....

barnie.gif
You are bad! All the way through! YES, I want the chicken hanging thingamabob! I can't....strectching every penny we've got right now...twice! Youth Camps...camp meetings....
th.gif

It is really, really cool!

parsonswife...you know it...bad to the bone, the chicken bone that is!

pastors and their wives are worthy of double blessings and honor. you never know, if someone had your address, one might show up....
smile.png

I just found out about this program a few hours ago. I plan to order right away. It sounds great. Next month they will have a location right in my town but for now I will have to pick up in the next town over, near where I work.

i can honestly say the food is great and well worth it. i have not been disappointed once and my kids like it!

it is so much food!! God bless, hope it is awesome for you!

I wish I could talk my husband into us using it
sad.png
We struggle to get by and are lucky to get enough groceries to last 2/3 weeks out of the month, but he won't take a handout. It drives me out of my mind trying to come up with meals out of nothing. We both work but he doesn't understand that programs like this are designed to help people like us, not those that are lazy. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom