How much Apple cider vinegar?

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
I water my six pullets in a 2 quart rubber bowl. I freshen with clean water daily. How much Apple cider vinegar should I be adding to their water and how often? Thanks!

There is absolutely no scientific evidence or any other type of evidence for that matter that Apple Cider Vinegar is any help to your chickens. However there is a lot of evidence that ACV keeps the makers of ACV in the chips. Since is likely the only one maker of ACV that has traces of MOTHER in it I strongly suspect that those are the folks who are scamming you. I will sat this, if there were a big old gob of "MOTHER" floating around in the next bottle of ACV that you purchase that 99% of the people who purchased it would go back to their grocery store and demand a refund.

Vinegar is not made by or from the mother. Vinegar is produced when an alcoholic beverage like red, white, or rice wine, or else white distilled spirits, and/or fermented malt liquor is exposed to oxygen.

10,000 gallons of 30 proof or 15% apple flavored alcohol will produce 30,000 gallons of ACV with an acid content of 5% which is what you find in the store. The mother in vinegar is an indication that the wine in the cast or barrel was infected by a bacteria culture while it was aging.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence or any other type of evidence for that matter that Apple Cider Vinegar is any help to your chickens. However there is a lot of evidence that ACV keeps the makers of ACV in the chips. Since is likely the only one maker of ACV that has traces of MOTHER in it I strongly suspect that those are the folks who are scamming you. I will sat this, if there were a big old gob of "MOTHER" floating around in the next bottle of ACV that you purchase that 99% of the people who purchased it would go back to their grocery store and demand a refund.

Vinegar is not made by or from the mother. Vinegar is produced when an alcoholic beverage like red, white, or rice wine, or else white distilled spirits, and/or fermented malt liquor is exposed to oxygen.

10,000 gallons of 30 proof or 15% apple flavored alcohol will produce 30,000 gallons of ACV with an acid content of 5% which is what you find in the store. The mother in vinegar is an indication that the wine in the cast or barrel was infected by a bacteria culture while it was aging.
Well thanks for sharing your opinion. The bacteria in the culture is exactly why I buy it.

I mix it and drink it myself occasionally, scaled up at 2 tablespoons per gallon, the same I give my chickens. Seems like it works on my gut. Do I have any scientific proof? No, that's only because I flushed it down the toilet, lol.

If the bacteria in ACV doesn't do something, then fermented foods are a waste too and don't get me started on the fermented food mafias. grrr.

Back
Top Bottom