How much Baytril

Wait, he has foamy eye? How is his breathing? It might be respiratory, in which case I think other antibiotics might be better. Kiki and Kim, is it Tylan to help respiratory symptoms? (yes, I understand antibiotics don’t treat viruses.):)
Baytril is what I would for a respiratory infection.

Last edited:
All I have is baytril and corrid. He’s been like this a while. I tried apple cider vinegar first. I do t have anywhere around me that sells meds. I thought I bought the right thing. Ugh
You did buy the right thing. Baytril can be used to treat many types of infections, but in this case I think I would hold off.

Are you feeding Dumor lay pellets? Can you post a picture of the bag?
Can you post a picture of the niacin?
Can you post pictures of his legs and feet?
He has a pool he goes into daily with clean water. I’m going to give him his first dose of baytril here soon. .25 ml orally.
Wait, please answer my other questions first.

Last edited:
You did buy the right thing. Baytril can be used to treat many types of infections, but in this case I think I would hold off.

Are you feeding Dumor lay pellets? Can you post a picture of the bag?
Can you post a picture of the niacin?
Can you post pictures of his legs and feet?
He eats layer pellets with the females. I’ve feed him that since the females started laying. I keep it in a metal can in the garage without the bag. I’m running the kids around right now. I’ll post pictures when I get home.

He eats layer pellets with the females. I’ve feed him that since the females started laying. I keep it in a metal can in the garage without the bag. I’m running the kids around right now. I’ll post pictures when I get home.
Wait, please answer my other questions first.
He’s been like this for at least a month maybe longer. That’s why I decided to treat him

Layer feed has too much calcium for male ducks and can cause gout. Can you stop feeding the layer and switch to an all flock feed with oyster shell on the side?
He’s been like this for at least a month maybe longer. That’s why I decided to treat him
Before you give the Baytril, please post pictures of the niacin, and his feet and legs. I think some of your problems might be feed related.

There are many vitamin deficiencies can cause the eye and lameness problems you're seeing, so I think I would try to rule those out before giving Baytril.
I’m going to give him his first dose of baytril here soon. .25 ml orally.
If you do decide to give it to him, the dose for a 6.2-pound duck is 0.3 ml twice a day orally.

Last edited:
Layer feed has too much calcium for male ducks and can cause gout. Can you stop feeding the layer and switch to an all flock feed with oyster shell on the side?

Before you give the Baytril, please post pictures of the niacin, and his feet and legs. I think some of your problems might be feed related.

There are many vitamin deficiencies can cause the eye and lameness problems you're seeing, so I think I would try to rule those out before giving Baytril.
I buy the feed at tractor supply. Do they sell all flock there? Never seen it but then again never looked for it. I can definitely switch. I’ll post pictures of him when I get home. The niacin I still have the bottle but it is human use. I fed it to the babies I hatched. I know he has bumble foot but I tried for years to get rid of it without success.

I buy the feed at tractor supply. Do they sell all flock there?
Tractor Supply has Purina All Flock
tsc all flock_1.png

I’ll post pictures of him when I get home. The niacin I still have the bottle but it is human use. I fed it to the babies I hatched.
Okay, just want to see how much of what it has in it.
I know he has bumble foot but I tried for years to get rid of it without success.
Pictures of the tops and bottoms of his feet, as well as pictures of his legs and joints, would be helpful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom