How much Baytril

Can you pick the feathers away from the wound and post pictures of it?

I have him all cleaned up with antibiotics on the wound. He’ll be in the house for a few days. When I get home after work tomorrow I’ll clean him up again and see what I can see/take photos etc.
I should never have let him sit in the coop. I thought I was doing him good by letting him rest. Now I’ve created a bigger problem.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the hole in the web, it went look infected. Some of mine have gotten holes from stepping on sticks or whatever.
The one on his chest though. . . more pictures please.

He’s had that hole on the web for years. That’s not a big deal. He’s in bed now and I’ll take more after work tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting to see that. He didn’t have that when this all started.

Don't be too hard on yourself, this sort of wound is common in birds that aren't walking. Question, where is the wound? Is it on his breast bone or is it below his vent?

It’s more on his breast bone. There’s was a dark line all the way down to his vent. The other day I posted the back tail and I was wondering why it was looking like that. I posted it again. There wasn’t any blood. I’m just hoping I can save him. He’s always been our favorite.

Attachments

• 30BC039B-9B34-4B94-A8B2-78C1EE861E28.jpeg
    30BC039B-9B34-4B94-A8B2-78C1EE861E28.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 4
It’s more on his breast bone. There’s was a dark line all the way down to his vent. The other day I posted the back tail and I was wondering why it was looking like that. I posted it again. There wasn’t any blood. I’m just hoping I can save him. He’s always been our favorite.
I would guess that is Possibly oil build up from not bathing and preening enough since he's been down.

I would guess that is Possibly oil build up from not bathing and preening enough since he's been down.

That could be. His pool time he has a great time cleaning and preening. He really doesn’t seem ill so I think I may have a chance on getting him better if I can get him to walking his wound to heal. He gets pool time once a day on week days. More on the weekends when I’m home. I don’t let him forge when I’m gone due to him not being able to defend himself he a predator was around.

Don't be too hard on yourself, this sort of wound is common in birds that aren't walking. Question, where is the wound? Is it on his breast bone or is it below his vent?

Do I do baytril twice a day or just once? The vitiams I have can he take while on baytril? I’ll get better ones at tractor supply this week. Just trying to get him better ASAP

Back
Top Bottom