How much "bigger" are Texas A&M Jumbos?

Diane, I wouldn't mix the Jumbos with the standard quail. Just for the mere fact that the selective breeding to bring out the jumbo traits took many generations to accomplish. I did have an English white roo that I would put into the "egg" laying cage when I was cleaning his cage. He would go crazy trying to mount the jumbo hens... cracked me up every time.

Diane, I wouldn't mix the Jumbos with the standard quail. Just for the mere fact that the selective breeding to bring out the jumbo traits took many generations to accomplish. I did have an English white roo that I would put into the "egg" laying cage when I was cleaning his cage. He would go crazy trying to mount the jumbo hens... cracked me up every time.

Could I mix the females in my aviary, and if I want fertile hatching eggs, put some females in with a male in my "conjugal visit" pen? Right now I have boys and girls separated. I had seven males that were being brutal to the hens. I'm planning to cull all but two of them when I get around to it. Not exactly something I look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom