How much calf manna?

mrcman

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
NW Pa.
I picked up a 50# bag of calf manna at the feedstore. I gave them a sampler of the feed of the small size Cool Whip container in a seperate feed tray and they dug right in.

Seeing as how this is going to be just a supplement about how much should I put out for my hens? I have eight 1 1/2 year old laying hens.

Tony

kelidei

~*Dances with chickens*~
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Northern Illinois
Quote:
When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info
smile.png

WoodlandWoman

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Quote:
When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info
smile.png

That's what I remember, too. Did you check all the print on the bag?

Chris09

Circle (M) Ranch
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Ohio
mrcman,
Read you bag it it has the feeding instructions on it. (Do Not over feed it)
It is 1 tablespoon per day per bird or 5-10% of the ration. (That would be 5 to 10 lbs of Calf Manna to 90 to 95 lbs of there regular feed).

Chris

Last edited:

mrcman

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
NW Pa.
I went down and read the bag and sure enough it had the poultry ration on the back. 1 tablespoon per hen per day. It's a 25% protein mix. Thanks for all your input.

Tony

Top Bottom