How much calf manna?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by mrcman, Jan 4, 2012.

1. mrcman

mrcman Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    NW Pa.
    I picked up a 50# bag of calf manna at the feedstore. I gave them a sampler of the feed of the small size Cool Whip container in a seperate feed tray and they dug right in.

Seeing as how this is going to be just a supplement about how much should I put out for my hens? I have eight 1 1/2 year old laying hens.

Tony

2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    What percent protein is it?

Nate

3. kelidei

kelidei ~*Dances with chickens*~

Mar 18, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info [​IMG]

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:When I use it I mix it in with their feed or with the scratch I throw down. I know they used to have a guide to feeding to different livestock and for chickens it was like 1-2 tablespoons per bird... maybe their website might have the info [​IMG]

That's what I remember, too. Did you check all the print on the bag?

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    mrcman,
    Read you bag it it has the feeding instructions on it. (Do Not over feed it)
    It is 1 tablespoon per day per bird or 5-10% of the ration. (That would be 5 to 10 lbs of Calf Manna to 90 to 95 lbs of there regular feed).

Chris

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. mrcman

mrcman Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    NW Pa.
    I went down and read the bag and sure enough it had the poultry ration on the back. 1 tablespoon per hen per day. It's a 25% protein mix. Thanks for all your input.

Tony

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by