How much did YOUR first egg cost?

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
If this needs to be moved to "games jokes and fun" let me know! It is a sort of fun thing, but I thought Egglaying forum would work
smile.png

How much did your first egg cost? (what do you think you spent on your chickens including but not limited to feed, housing, bedding, treats, and time before getting their first eggs.)

egg_money.jpg

(Please keep this thread friendly and fun!
big_smile.png
)

My own guesstimate would have to be... 200-300 dollars so far. I am fairly new yet
smile.png

Next?

If I have to figure all my costs into the first egg, then I would say $2000.... Next egg was cheap! Around 20 cents or so!
wink.png
I guess it is cheaper than designing, making a new car model..... I assume the first car off the line (figured the same as my egg) costs 20 million or so... the second one $ 18000.....

Several hundred. Over 300- I believe. And I was lucky. I'm paying off the friend ( a contractor) who built the coop in compost and eggs...which will take a while considering I only have four birds. I only had to pay for materials. Oh...add food, shavings, heat lamp, feeders and waterers (the size increased), the stock tank I used for a brooder (Oh, but that will be a planter, right?), treats... Make that probably over 400-. That first egg was the best egg I ever tasted though! Totally worth it.
big_smile.png

25 cent...

that was 40 years ago...uncle sold me two hens and one rooster...he feed 'em...those three RIR's provided me chickens/eggs until 10yrs ago...hurricane killed the flock...

Back
Top Bottom