How much do guinea fowl cost?

Jumbo and French Guineas should be about 15 bucks MAX for an 8 week old keet.

I have run across ONE adult french guinea and it was from a BYC er, still have HIM.

I usually have to have the French Guineas mailed from Texas as day old keets.

The Jumbos are even harder to find and they are from only one maybe two hatcheries that I know of.

Jumbos and French Guinea fowl are one color, pearl.

regular helmeted Guinea fowl come in many different colors and SOME are quite rare and expensive.

The Exotics require a heated barn or a very mild winter, not many are found in the USA. They too are usually only one color, pearl.

I have a thread on the exotics going. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=255593

Last edited:
I have 4 in a dog kennel right now that I have sold and will be picked up in a few hours. They're at least a year old, I'm not really sure of their exact age, but 3 hens and a roo for $50.00.

Now ask me how easy it was to catch them
hmm.png

I'm selling nine for 5 dollars a peice tomorow. They are around 3-4 weeks old. I have some 5 month olds I am selling for 10

Hi, Do you have any Guinea Hens that can live in a colder climate. I am in Ontario, Canada.
If you have some Guinea Hens, what is the cost? Do you have a few adults and some babies?
Thank you
Cher

At the Exotic Bird Auction in Kalona, Iowa last weekend, lavenders were selling for $40-45 bucks a head. Pearl and more standard colors were going for $15. A beautiful pied roo sold for $55 dollars but he was a massive beautiful fella that everyone bid on. A lot of whites sold after I left and I don't know what they went for but anything white there (peafowl, etc) were bringing top dollar. I have never seen them go so high and its funny because the goats at the same action were going for $5.

Are the vulturine guinea fowl hard to find in the US? Does anyone on here have some? I have recently fallen in love with them and am curious about them.

Last edited:
Are the vulturine guinea fowl hard to find in the US? Does anyone on here have some? I have recently fallen in love with them and am curious about them.

There is a lady here in town who got some last year and she said that they are the only ones in NC who have them... So I guess they are kinda hard to find. I think there is someone on here who has them. Right?...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom