How much do guinea fowl cost?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by PrinceSandwich, Nov 13, 2009.

1. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    I know someone who has some guineas for sale. Hes selling them for $25 ea. So my question is, how much do they usually:confused::confused: go for? is 25 bucks to much?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I have seen them for about $10 for adults in my area and about $5 for babies. I guess it depends on where you are and how bad you want them [​IMG] I personally wouldnt pay that much, not when I could get 25 babies for the price of a few adults from a hatchery.

3. TedsFarms

TedsFarms Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    Most keets depending on the breed, are in the $5-$6 range each.

4. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Here in Colorado guineas produced this year are about 10 dollars. Next spring guineas held over winter will be much closer to 15. I dont think they often go for 25 but you shouold chek the market where you are.

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Oh if you were closer to me, I have a dozen that I would gladly sell at $25 each. I sell keets for $5 and those around 4 months old for $8. I have no problem getting rid of them, so maybe I should raise my prices.

6. The most I paid was 12 bucks for a Guinea. It was a Pied strange color and I just really wanted it.

I sell off my 8 week old s (the males) for 5 to 7 bucks depending on their color and health.

I would not go with an adult Guinea unless you have a good number of them to teach them the ropes about

your place.

7. Barry

Barry Chillin' With My Peeps

The 1st week of October I paid $20 Canadian for 5 keets 6weeks old.

8. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Quote:ya i think its a little to much too. But its just i don't know where else to get them?? Besides the auction, they seem to go quite a bit less there.

9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    I sold my new keets for $5 each and then after a few weeks they went to $7 each (they eat like pigs when not free ranging) and if someone bought five, I gave them the sixth one free.

You didn't mention what variety of guineas is for sale. That can make a difference. Perhaps that is a reasonable price for the more rare varieties but I would say it's high for Pearls.

God Bless,

10. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Around here they start at $3 for just hatched keets and go up to about $10 each as adults.

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by