How much do guinea fowl cost?

did you try ordering them in from a hatchery> like mcmurray ? That seems to be alot for guineas. I know i've never paid anymore than 10. I'm going to try to hatch out eggs here shortly

frow.gif
AnnaP

Depends on area and people for pricing. Theres constantly an ad in the local free paper for Adults $35 each. Thats $105 for a they sell themin. Hatcheries now are selling them day old for $4-$5 with minimum order of 30 (From the hatchery I used before and the feed store currently uses. I got luck and got 2 pairs at an auction and 3 hens sat nest last summer. lost alot of keets cuz we didn't brood em just lem mama's do the work. Gonna do it differant this year. Ended up with 8-9 adults from 34 keets/adults mixed.

Are the vulturine guinea fowl hard to find in the US? Does anyone on here have some? I have recently fallen in love with them and am curious about them.

I don't think they are hard to find at all in the us I can go to a local action and buy like six for $5.00 each or less and facebook people sell a lot to so I would look in to local action and things like that and online like craiges list ad ebay even:) .

I only sell day old Keet's and they are $5.00 each.
But if I was to sell a grown Guinea it would be no less than $25.00, but that is never going to happen.
hide.gif
Ask my 200 Guineas that free range.
jumpy.gif

To me $25 each for guineas is high, at least around here. Most of the adults sold here are usually male too. Seems no one sells their hens.
Two summers ago, I paid $10 each for 10 adults. Even after caging them for 12 weeks, most ran away when they were turned out to free range. This summer, I paid $10 each for seven more. They disappeared too (to a neighbor's house two miles away, he claims they now belong to him). So I ended up with three adults.
Four weeks ago, I paid $1.85 each plus shipping for 26 keets (total of $54). So far 23 are doing great. I got on all the email lists from the hatcheries and watch the specials. These came from Ideal in Texas.
Raising the keets is some work (every two hours, I check, feed and water), but I am thinking that since they don't know any other home, they might stay around for a while.

To me $25 each for guineas is high, at least around here. Most of the adults sold here are usually male too. Seems no one sells their hens.
Two summers ago, I paid $10 each for 10 adults. Even after caging them for 12 weeks, most ran away when they were turned out to free range. This summer, I paid $10 each for seven more. They disappeared too (to a neighbor's house two miles away, he claims they now belong to him). So I ended up with three adults.
Four weeks ago, I paid $1.85 each plus shipping for 26 keets (total of $54). So far 23 are doing great. I got on all the email lists from the hatcheries and watch the specials. These came from Ideal in Texas.
Raising the keets is some work (every two hours, I check, feed and water), but I am thinking that since they don't know any other home, they might stay around for a while.
When you get grown Guineas you have to keep them penned for a min of 2 weeks, a month would be better. Then let only 2 or 3 out of the pen. The rest will raise a ruckus and the 2 or 3 will come back that night. Put them back in the pen. Do this everyday letting about a couple more a day, but always put them back up at night. It is work but at the end of the week they know where home is and you shouldn't lose them to the neighbors. And you need to do the same thing with the Keets you just got or they will run off too.
That sounds really expensive. I guess if they are full grown and are a rare color .... nah, that is still too much.

Not really too much. It cost money to raise any animal to adulthood, and to raise them correctly with the proper feed they need, housing, lights.

In central Massachusetts, you can get up to $15 for a keet - Not an adult, a keet. My neighbor gave me four keets last summer and I plan to make the most out of the crazy amounts people pay for these birds.

Wow....I wish you people lived closer to me!! Two years ago, I couldn't GIVE them away......so I ended up just keeping all mine. I started with an ad for $5 per keet......dropped it down to two for $5......then just started asking whether anybody wanted any for free. It must be all about location, location, location!

Back
Top Bottom