How much do I ask for ducklings when selling?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crp126, Jun 11, 2015.

1. crp126

crp126 In the Brooder

Oct 19, 2014
    My daughter is selling ducklings, but I have no clue how to price them. Some are runner crosses, walk like runners but because we have pekins also we know some are crosses. The others are pure Muscovy. I checked the prices at auction and they are only getting $1 or a little more for ducklings of any breed. So we want to sell privately. We priced the crosses at $6 and the Muscovy at $10 but have had no takers. Do I have the prices too high? What would be a reasonable asking price? The babies are 2-3 weeks old now. Thanks everyone!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

I think your prices are fine. I sold 2 Muscovy drakes for 10 each and i have sold ducklings for 5-10 each. If you've been advertising for a while and feel you want to drop the prices I would just go down a couple dollars. I always print out a care sheet to so those buying know how to care for ducklings and adults.

3. crp126

crp126 In the Brooder

Oct 19, 2014
    Thank you!

4. mrrr0809

mrrr0809 In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2015
    I don't know about your area, but in eastern PA most purebred ducklings sell for $5 each from private sellers or $7 each at retailers (such as TSC or local mills).

5. cottontail farm

cottontail farm Songster

Dec 26, 2014
    Rural NW Pa
    I'm in Pa also. In my area tsc does sell ducklings in the spring for $6, but the going rate in local papers/craigslist seems to be $8-$10 a duckling. I think that's totally reasonable with the time and feed it takes to raise them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: