How much do those Mortan Buildings cost anyway?

mrbstephens

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Long Island, New York
My husband was looking into one of those 30' x 40' metal Morgan buildings for a shop. Of course the website doesn't give you a price of any sort and ask that you contact a salesman. I'm wondering if anyone on here happens to know how much these buildings cost. Thanks!

Last edited:
Morgan building are very high priced indeed. Our chickens have a very large Morgan building as their home. I used to have the building out in a refinery here in the Houston area but I lost that contract at that particular refinery (Rohm & Haas out off of Battleground Road) and brought it home. I had to rent a roll back wrecker and then get a oversized load permit to get it here. Anyway, Morgan building are the leader in that business so you can eggspect it to last you a long time. This building is more than 20 years old and it is still tough as nails. Good luck and I hope you get you one.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, but you didn't tell me how much it costs?
hmm.png

We have Morton buildings everywhere and the prices are not too bad. For a 24 x 42 barn, it was somewhere between $5,000 to $7, bare bones.

You can get them cheaper instead of horse barns.

If I remember correctly, our building is 20 x 40. It wasn't that bad. I think 7 years ago we paid $23,000 - three doors, three double windows...(everything is extra) one large door is overhead, the other large door on the opposite side slides open and closed. The third door is just a standard door. The extra cost for our barn came in with the floor. We poured a cement floor for 3/4 of the building and put plumbing in under the floor. We have a sink in the barn. I think the floor cost us around $10 - $12,000 total. Don't forget the foundation pad and site prep. I honestly can't remember what the of the site prep cost. Our building is not a morton but another brand that is similar called Astro. We loved working with the Astro people. We also opted for a sky light that runs along the top of the building. You can't believe how much light it lets in and how much warmer it makes the building in the winter. Our Barn also has a porch that runs along the wide side of the barn that has a roof overhang and a wooden plank floor. We love it! I hope they offer Astro buildings in your area...if they do, I would look into what they have to offer. You wouldn't be sorry. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom