How much do you think 11-12 week Golden Comet Pullets are worth?

m_herrington

Songster
14 Years
Apr 18, 2008
ohio
I have 26 Golden Comet Pullets as well as 14 other chickens... and more in the bator. I think I might need to downsize...

I have had someone stop and offer to buy some of my chickens from me and I am considering selling a few of them... How much do you think they are worth??

thanks

I'd sell them for $7 each. It won't be to much longer and they will be ready to lay, so I don't think that's to much to ask.

My guess is that you have about $7 each in them at this point. THat said, around here you woudl be lucky to bet $5 each but McMurreys hatchery sells pullets about that age for $17 shipped I think. I forget the exact number but it is on their site!

Depends where you live and what the market is like. Some areas you'll barely get a few bucks off them, while here, with the right birds, you can get 15-25 for pullets. I sell mine for 15 at point of lay. At 12 weeks though, I'd probably sell them for 12 or so here.

Where are you? If close I will pay 15-20 for good stock that age.

Look at hatchery shipping cost,,,,, over 40 for a 17 week bird.

:DHi I sell RIR's Barred Rocks and B.O. Here just below Dallas and sell out each year. I get 16.00 to 20.00 for layers and pullets. Johnny

id say 7 to 10 is about rite where i am
idunno.gif

Good advice on the price. If they were a rare breed, you could ask significantly more. I've seen day-old chicks cost nearly $10 unsexed from breeders. :eek:

For instance, try to locate a bilaterally-tufted, rumpless Araucana pullet on point of lay in some specific color. That bird probably won't go for seven dollars or even 20...

Back
Top Bottom