How much do yours eat?

They make you laugh.
gig.gif

Best point ever!

You're telling me they are cheap to feed? WHY did you tell me that!!!!! This whole time I was thinking they ate a lot of food. This is bad, very bad. I wonder if they're good at chasing predators???

I have 4 that are almost 1 year old and I feed them 2 large coffee cans per day. I'm not sure how much it is by weight but it is all they will eat. They also have 1&1/2 acres to roam around and forage on.

cluckyJay...actually there poop is fairly loose..it comes out more like a cowpie, and splats onto the ground!!
ep.gif

It's fairly large!!

I have 4 that are almost 1 year old and I feed them 2 large coffee cans per day. I'm not sure how much it is by weight but it is all they will eat. They also have 1&1/2 acres to roam around and forage on.

Not bad for such big animals. I have 4 peafowl and they eat about a half of a large coffee can of feed a day.

Ours are eating a 3 gal bucket full each day. We have 8 birds about 1 yr old and 2 about 12 Yrs old. And yes, they make you laugh untill your sides hurt!! John.

Last edited:
:barnie Sooo, temping!!

Can they live in a place like this?-

Or are they warm weather type?

Also we have 2 steer calves that are a month and 1/2 old and we just put up 4 strand electric barb wire fencing for them, and might get a milk cow in the spring. Can emus get along with cattle and stay in a 3 acre pasture with woods area?
Like this?-

Cow shed-

The field to the woods. We are turning the corn field into the pasture for the cows and part of the veggie garden into cow pen.

The wooded part, it has a creek in the bottom of the ravine.

Back
Top Bottom