How much does it cost to feed 15 ducks a week?

I have 24 ducks and about 10 chickens, I buy 50 pounds of flock feed, and a 50 pound bag of cracked corn. The flock feed lasts a week, and its 18 bucks a bag, and the corn last two weeks. So I spend 40 bucks every other week, and 20 when I just have to buy the flock feed. So about 120 bucks a month

Last edited:
Quote:
what is wet cobb? and do you grind up the puppy chow?

Wet cobb is a livestock feed.. not really for just Poultry, On the puppy chow, No on the Muscovys or Cayugas they eat each piece hole.. But with my indies I put it in their water pans after I clean them daily. Some feed scratch in the winter but I like feeding wet cobb in the winter much better then scratch...

Quote:
what is wet cobb? and do you grind up the puppy chow?

Wet cobb is a livestock feed.. not really for just Poultry, On the puppy chow, No on the Muscovys or Cayugas they eat each piece hole.. But with my indies I put it in their water pans after I clean them daily. Some feed scratch in the winter but I like feeding wet cobb in the winter much better then scratch...

Thanks Ryan now tell me why Puppy Chow is so good for them? and when you say livestock feed will it say that on the bag?

From what all Muscovys/Waterfowl breeders have told me is, Puppy chow has alot or Protien which helps with feather condition and health (Dont Quote me on this one) If you go to the feed store and ask for Wet Cob they will know what you are talking about.

Ryan

All year... It has 27% Protien, In my Opinion it keeps the birds healthy during Breeding Season, Helps feathers come in, Since feathers are made of Protien, and keeps them in feather longer for show Season...

Back
Top Bottom