How much for a pair of button quail?

Friend2Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
It really depends on your area. Here in KY, I couldn't give them away, but I sold some in IN last fall for $10 a pair. I've seen some that sell (or try), on eggbid and such, for $10 just for males. There would be no way I could get that here! There is a site online called bestfarmbuys.com, the listings can be general or by state. You can post sale or want ads there, I would try that and see if you get any hits there.
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
9 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Oh, I have another quick question for ya: I have a big plastic box that has a lid that opens up, it's pretty big and I was wondering if I could keep a pair of buttons in there? Would it be big enough? Also what do I feed them and what about water? How often do they go broody and what ever else I need to know about buttons! Thanks.

Plain_View_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
Central Virginia
Any top opening type container is just asking for an escapee.
Buttons have a Flight Fright behavior and their escape method is straight up.
They are best housed in a cage with a small front opening door.
Buttons don't do well on wire bottoms. Their tiny feet are not comfortable on wire
so a floor of wood shavings is best.
Buttons need ideal condition to incubate their own eggs and seldom do. Your much
better off incubating their eggs but don't do like I did and go crazy incubating. They grow
quickly and you end up with 60+ Button quail. Lol

David

Plain_View_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
Central Virginia
If the box opens on the top I would advise you to look for a cage with a front opening door.....
When you say you need to find a place that sells them do you mean for you to buy your first breeding pair or someone to sell offspring to?

David

Feathered Wings

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Georgia
At the auction I go to Button Quail sell from .50 to $1 each and they are in containers of 5 to 20 each.
Many people who have pigeons or doves use them as cleaner birds they put them on the floor of the pigeon/dove loft to eat the spilled feed.

I was there Saturday and 10 blue buttons sold for .50 each they were really cute.

I was kinda
ep.gif
at the $10 pair I can get them for free

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
9 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Aw man!!! I can't seem to find any hatcheries in Texas that hatch button quail chicks. If I had a broody hen, I might could buy some hatching eggs to put under her but I don't have one at the moment.

Top Bottom