How much for Turkeys??

M@M@2four

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
USA
So, I have several almost adult turkeys...they are both white and bronze broad breasted. How much would you charge to sell them live??? They wigh about 25-35 lbs easily. I would love someone's opinion...I have several turkeys and want to sell some. Thanks!!!!

M@M@2four :

So, I have several almost adult turkeys...they are both white and bronze broad breasted. How much would you charge to sell them live??? They wigh about 25-35 lbs easily. I would love someone's opinion...I have several turkeys and want to sell some. Thanks!!!!

Seeing that Thanksgiving is around the corner and demand will be the greatest I'd say
sell them for at least $30 each. In CT they would get at least $50 each.​

Thanks for the response! I have never sold one before, so I have no idea how much they would cost...thanks again!
smile.png

I've been tracking my feed cost this year for our turkeys. To get my BBB to 25-30 pounds each it has cost $50 each. So I would ask for a minimum $75.
Not being sure what your local feed is costing you could go check out your local grocery store and see what the price per pound is on their organic turkeys.

M@M@2four :

I would guess they weigh more than 35, mine which I got about the same time as yours smallest was 22, and went down the road last night, the bronzes that went last week dressed at 25+, and 16+ My whites have been gone since sept 1 and smallest was 17 dressed weight Dressed weight they sell for 2.25 per pound, throw in the Naturally Raised in a Friendly Farm Environment lable you could try for more. Then again in the area I live, the
what is the difference if it came from supermarket or from a farm

mentality seems to prevail.
th.gif

Quote:
I would guess they weigh more than 35, mine which I got about the same time as yours smallest was 22, and went down the road last night, the bronzes that went last week dressed at 25+, and 16+ My whites have been gone since sept 1 and smallest was 17 dressed weight Dressed weight they sell for 2.25 per pound, throw in the Naturally Raised in a Friendly Farm Environment lable you could try for more. Then again in the area I live, the
what is the difference if it came from supermarket or from a farm

mentality seems to prevail.
th.gif

LOL...thanks Dennis! I gotta get a scale and get these bad boys on it!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom