How much grower feed will I need per chick (from 3 to 18 weeks)?

EileenB

Hatching
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Ocean County, NJ
Hi all, I am a brand new poster! I just got my first ever chicks, and wanted to put in an order for grower feed. Any ideas on how many lbs of feed they would go through between 3 and 18 weeks? They are all pullets (hopefully), in standard sizes (1 each of Buff Orpington, Australorp, and EE). I don't want to be left with too much feed that I have to throw out once they switch to layer feed, and am also a little concerned about freshness. I wanted to try organic foods, and can only get these online at either 25lbs or 50lbs. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!
EileenB

I would order 3 50 lbs. bags of grower. I have 35 chicks (4 weeks) they go through a 50 lb bag of feed every two weeks.

I forgot...............
welcome-byc.gif
from Eastern Kentucky.

Welcome first of all and congrats on your chicks......hmmm I have never really taken a count of how much I go through, but actually you can switch over to flock raiser at about 6-8 weeks and they can eat that all the time even when laying....just suplement it with oyster shells when they start laying for extra protein.

welcome-byc.gif
I went through 1 25 lb bag for 5 chicks till they went out to their coop. I am on # 2 50 lb now. yah barred Buff says, and I agree

3 50 lb bags is about right.

Back
Top Bottom