How much $$$$$$ have you lost?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Msbear, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I need some feel good messages. My hubby's hours have been cut back at work and things have been really tight. We just welcomed our second son on Monday and my father dropped us off $200 to help us out a bit....

well... [​IMG] we seemed to have lost it [​IMG] we went to Target on Friday to get some diapers and stuff and used a gift card. My husband thinks the money fell out of his pocket then. We called Target and they said they would look at the tapes at checkout and tell us if they could see anything...

So, tell me about all of your losses so I can feel better [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Bummer!

I returned a lawnmower to costco and they put the money on one of their gift card things... about $280. Got home and the card was gone. [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

My dad (76 yrs. old) just a few months ago lost over $700 at one time that somehow fell out of his pocket. He had just cashed a check and put the money in his pocket, then was doing some things around their place (40 acres) and didn't realize the money was gone until late that evening when he went to town to get something. He and Mom were both just sick about it... A few years ago he lost $350 somewhere in town. It probably got pulled out of his pocket when he was reaching for something else. Those kinds of losses are tough to swallow... I feel for your loss, and ask the Lord to help you in this tough time and that you recognize Him as Jehovah Jireh, your provider. [​IMG]
    ETA: forgetful me! CONGRATS on your new little one! Love him enough for a lifetime! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I lost $200 once on vacation in Myrtle Beach. We just got done at the water park and stopped to eat lunch with friends. We ate while wearing our bathing suits and towels. I had my wallet in my jeans pocket (that I wasn't wearing.) I took it out to pay for our lunch and set it down on the fence while I slipped my jeans on and forgot to pick it up. When I got in the car, I noticed it was missing and remembered where I left it. Someone turned it in, left all the credit/debit cards and my ID, just helped themselves to my cash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I felt so stupid! Still do!

Congratulations on your baby!!!! I'm sorry this happened!

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Once I lost my paycheck. Or rather it was in my wallet, Mr. Saddi the 1st' s bank card wouldn't scan, so he asked for mine, I passed him my wallet, and he left it at the counter. I had work reissue a check, but I felt like a twit.

Now my IRA has lost 55% of it's value in the last year, or exactly every gain made since I put the $ in there. [​IMG]

6. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I took one of my sisters to cash an income tax return check. She had 900$ cash and put it in her wallet. I had to stop at WalMart for a minute and she went in with me. She bought a pack of gum and as we were loading up the kids in carseats and leaving she must have put the wallet on top of the vehicle because she realized she didn't have it about half a mile from the WalMart. We went back immediatly but it was gone....never was reported found. That was a bummer for her....

A month ago my DH deposited a check into our bank account. Two days later it still hadn't been posted when I checked my online banking. I called and they had put it in another persons account! We got it back though.

Sorry about your $ loss! [​IMG]

7. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Quote:I feel your pain. Used to have a 401(k) that was extremely inflexible about how often you could switch your portfolio. Lost a LOT before I said the heck with it, changed jobs, cashed it out and put it in a boring old money market account. Miraculously now worth more, at a lame 1% interest, than it would have been had I kept it in the stupid mutual fund that Merrill Lynch kept pushing.

As far as just plain lost money goes, DH once sold a car for $800, put the cash plus his paycheck in his wallet, and got pickpocketed at the movie theater. It cost us $1500 to see Pearl Harbor.

8. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Quote:hhahhahhaahhahaha That's what I was thinking.. $200 diapers!!! I'd gladly spend that kind of loot on diapers than see a $1500 movie [​IMG]

Thanks guys... I guess [​IMG]

9. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I once lost my wallet with over $300.00 in it. It was one of those days when I was overwhelmed with the kids, coming out of the store, trying to get them into car seats, etc. Laid my wallet on top of the car as I was getting them situated. Yep, left my wallet on top of the car. and it flew off somewhere along the way. The ironic thing is, someone turned my wallet into the police station, but I guess they felt they were owed a reward becuase they took all the money.
    [​IMG]

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] to all.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by