How Much Is My Tom Worth

No, none. Very rural and 100 or so miles one way from more populated areas. People (In general) are WAAAAY too lazy to drive any farther than they absolutely HAVE to is seems. (I just don't understand the mentality to be honest. But it is what it is)
Gasoline is pretty expensive these days so maybe it is not worth the drive for one or two jakes. Next time you could try adding a hen or two and sell as breeding pairs?

Gasoline is pretty expensive these days so maybe it is not worth the drive for one or two jakes. Next time you could try adding a hen or two and sell as breeding pairs?
I tried that too. (offering as a pair with a jenny.) And price of gas or not, it is STILL cheaper to drive and buy fuel than to pay 3x the amount closer to home. People are just LAZY. People even had the nerve to ask me to meet them or deliver for birds that were either free or 1/3 the "normal" price! (And I don't mean deliver 5 miles away. I mean 100 or more ONE WAY. At any rate, they are GONE. And there won't be any more. (I only have 2 jennys and 1 hen left.)

I tried that too. (offering as a pair with a jenny.) And price of gas or not, it is STILL cheaper to drive and buy fuel than to pay 3x the amount closer to home. People are just LAZY. People even had the nerve to ask me to meet them or deliver for birds that were either free or 1/3 the "normal" price! (And I don't mean deliver 5 miles away. I mean 100 or more ONE WAY. At any rate, they are GONE. And there won't be any more. (I only have 2 jennys and 1 hen left.)
Ugh, yes. People are either very lazy or they like wasting peoples time. I ALWAYS put my town in my ads at least once, if not twice. And I still get people messaging back and forth only to ask 7 messages later for my town. Then I get the....”oh, that’s too far. Can you meet me at ******? “ ugh, no. I’m not spending more in gas just to sell something I’m not desperate to have gone. 🤦‍♀️
I get that I’m out of the way for most people, but if you really want something someone is selling you’ll be willing to drive for it.
I have driven 2hrs+ countless times to get stuff.

Ugh, yes. People are either very lazy or they like wasting peoples time. I ALWAYS put my town in my ads at least once, if not twice. And I still get people messaging back and forth only to ask 7 messages later for my town. Then I get the....”oh, that’s too far. Can you meet me at ******? “ ugh, no. I’m not spending more in gas just to sell something I’m not desperate to have gone. 🤦‍♀️
I get that I’m out of the way for most people, but if you really want something someone is selling you’ll be willing to drive for it.
I have driven 2hrs+ countless times to get stuff.
:bow :bow :bow I really think that people being able to order almost everything and have it delivered to their porch has RUINED people! (In a way, things were SO much easier "back in the day" before the internet! If you wanted something, you found it and went and got it!

I got that more than once also! ("Oh, that is too far away".) It makes me SOOOO angry. Read the dang AD. I put all info in it. (Age, gender, LOCATION etc...) But I also keep them VERY short and to the point so someone isn't having to read for 10 minutes to get that info. And while I am venting (LOL) Why is it MY job to tell you how far I am from you? You can work google maps or mapquest just as well as I can! :)

:bow :bow :bow I really think that people being able to order almost everything and have it delivered to their porch has RUINED people! (In a way, things were SO much easier "back in the day" before the internet! If you wanted something, you found it and went and got it!

I got that more than once also! ("Oh, that is too far away".) It makes me SOOOO angry. Read the dang AD. I put all info in it. (Age, gender, LOCATION etc...) But I also keep them VERY short and to the point so someone isn't having to read for 10 minutes to get that info. And while I am venting (LOL) Why is it MY job to tell you how far I am from you? You can work google maps or mapquest just as well as I can! :)
There is a farm in California that literally delivers baby chicks and pullets to your doorstep from hundreds of miles away. It's called Dare2Dream Farms. They charge $60 for hand delivery. The service is so popular they have a waitlist!

People are spoiled and lazy, but they are willing to pay $$$$$ for convenience. I bet you could have sold your jakes to some rich person in Seattle if you called them "exotic rare turkeyfowl" and charged $500 for delivery.

There is a farm in California that literally delivers baby chicks and pullets to your doorstep from hundreds of miles away. It's called Dare2Dream Farms. They charge $60 for hand delivery. The service is so popular they have a waitlist!

People are spoiled and lazy, but they are willing to pay $$$$$ for convenience. I bet you could have sold your jakes to some rich person in Seattle if you called them "exotic rare turkeyfowl" and charged $500 for delivery.
Exotic breed of thunder chicken 275+500 delivery. Get em while they hot

LOL. You are probably right. But it would cost more than that to get me to go to Seattle! LOL (Not only is it an all day trip, AND across the pass twice, but I HATE it over there!)

Back
Top Bottom