How much land do you own/how many chickens?

We have 11 acres. But 10 are wooded with about 1 acre of of cleared land. We have 48 chickens. ANd I would love 48 more, but wife keeps me grounded!

5300 SF in the city, four chickens, probably adding 1 or 2 more this summer. Our neighbors have a similar sized lot and have 8. I'd say you're just fine
smile.png

On a side note, I have now discovered that four of my neighbors have chickens... I feel like I discover a new chicken house every time I go for a walk! It's AWESOME!!!

Last edited:
I have 1/3 acre and 67 chickens!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif

However, only 9 are adult sized! lol
I'm raising some of the boys out, they will be dinner, and most of the pullets will be sold.
I aim to keep 4 BCM adults and several of specific breeds, but right now my total "to keep" stands at 23

I still have grass and yes I still have to mow it, unfortunately
tongue.png

I also live on a 5300 sq. ft. lot. I have 8 chickens (9 including the Cornish X, but it'll be dinner in a short while).

I'm so glad the neighbors are okay with my flock. The run is way too close to their property. And I have 2 too many chickens according to the county. I just try to keep them happy, healthy, and their space clean so that they are not a nuisance to people who could possibly see them, hear them, or smell them from their houses.

Back
Top Bottom