How much oregano is good for chickens?

Pics
My version of selective weed control is to but cruble/mash on top of a weed I want gone. A couple days of that and not only is the weed gone, but there is a smooth hollow of chicken scratching that likely peeled out the surface roots as well.
ROFL reminds me of when my Buff Orpingtons decided to bulldoze the grape arbor. They noticed all the grapes that had hit the ground and started digging for more. I have never had such a weed free arbor since. They dug a good 6 inches down in pits all around the 10 x 20 open space under the overhead grape vines. I had to bring in dirt from elsewhere to fill in the divots! I took to calling my Orps my fluffy orange excavators!

ROFL reminds me of when my Buff Orpingtons decided to bulldoze the grape arbor. They noticed all the grapes that had hit the ground and started digging for more. I have never had such a weed free arbor since. They dug a good 6 inches down in pits all around the 10 x 20 open space under the overhead grape vines. I had to bring in dirt from elsewhere to fill in the divots! I took to calling my Orps my fluffy orange excavators!
I have grape arbors myself, and am currently throwing feed around it to control the native (with thorns) blackberry to keep it from growing between my grapes.

LOL just be prepared to replace the divots! My ladies decided afterwards that the soft ground + shade/sunshine mix was perfect for dust bathing. It got a little dangerous for turned ankles walking under the grapes because some of those bath pits got pretty deep. You'd look from the side and not even see my fat hens laying down in their preferred bathing spots.

ya'll aren't actually telling how much oregano to mix in with their feed. I know red pepper flakes they said 1/4 tsp per a cup of feed.
Because the question can't be answered, for reasons already offered.

and what they "know" about red pepper flake is wrong for the same reason. Just as what many "know" about adding ACV to water is almost certainly wrong for similar reason.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom