How much pecking is too much?

We just had do ours in it was MEAN. I never did anything to him, he was hand raised in an attached garage where he had heat, good treats and all the love it wanted, it would jump up in my lap and let me pet it. It all happened around the time he hit 24 weeks, All the girls were around me getting treats of meal worms, and I guess he thought I was trying to steal his girls away from him, that they like me better, he did a call like he had a treat and they were in a wormy frenzy, so they stayed with me, next thing I know, he came up along the back of me jump up and hit me hard. I did all the chasing thing and everything, he NEVER ran always stared me down, It just got worse from there on in, he would see me coming and run up on me and try to flog me. The ending straw was when one of the girls had gone over the fence and I (mistakenly) bent over the fence (in shorts) to get her, she came to me I went to pick her up and he hit me so hard that it left bruises on the back of my legs. He didn't live long after that. I'm always happy when people have nice ones and would really like to, but won't. I hope yours are nice.
Michele

Wow, Mstricer... That's awful. It's too bad he turned out that way.
sad.png

I have two boys that come up to sit on my lap on a regular basis to be petted, the others (all 5 of them) keep their distance and run if I so much as get close. When my chicks were about 5 weeks, I stopped letting them jump to my shoulders and I usually sit with my back to the fence. I don't want anyone sneaking up on me... Hopefully I don't have an instance similar to yours.
hmm.png
I'm very attached to all of my chicks. I would hate to have to get rid of anyone.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom