How much should a frizzle cost?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by dbolman, Sep 17, 2009.

1. dbolman

dbolman Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    Holland, Mi
    [​IMG] There is a woman near me that has beautiful Frizzle's...She has one chick that is going to be multi-colored (really cool) I am thinking of buying it but she wants 100.00 for it. Is that the going rate for this particular breed/chick? Also ,I am looking for some Buff Brahmas. I also was ondering what kind of chickens are real big and round all white with some black lacing in their tail and round their neck. In the beginning of summer the BYC magazine has a beautiful flock of big chickens on the front and I wondered what kind they were...Thanks for all your help, I am such a newbie....

2 Bernes Mt. Dogs, 3 Tennesse walkers, 2 cats (calicos of course) and 2 bantams, 1 Silkie roo, 1 Silver Wy roo, 1 Barred rock Hen, 1 Buff O Hen and wanting more....

2. MoTownChickie

MoTownChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2009
    Modesto, California
    That seems like an awful lot.
    What kind of frizzle is it?

If you were local, I'd give you a pretty cochin frizzle roo so you could start breeding your own.

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    That is alot for a chick. If it was a proven Show Quality Bird then maybe, but for a chick I don't think so.

Were youu are talking about the cover of the April/May issue of Backyard Poultry?
    http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/4-2.html
    If so, the black and whites are Light Brahmas.

Matt

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    It will cost however much the owner can get for it. [​IMG] There's no set price on a chicken, especially one of value to it's owner.

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    [​IMG] Did I read that right? $100.00??! Ouch. Just wait for another frizzle to come along [​IMG] Where are you located? I have a frizzle roo that is in need of a new home and I'm asking $8.00 for him [​IMG]

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] I'd just have to say "good luck with that" to her and find a frizzle elsewhere.

Now in her defense, maybe she has a frizzled very rare breed bird. A frizzle isn't a breed, but more of a type of bird,

7. chickenlips1954

chickenlips1954 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    WAY too much money!!! Every frizzle chick that I've bought I've paid $2.85 a piece. I even hatched out a multi-colored frizzle this summer and if I were to sell her, which I won't, I wouldn't ask more than $10. That lady's trying to rip you off because she knows how badly you want it. Don't buy it!

8. WOW , thats a lot of cash for a frizzle chicken.What breed of Frizzle chicken does she have ?

I sell my frizzle cochin Bantam chicks for $3.00 ea. day old

3 months-Adult hen $15.00 - $20.00 ea.

3 month-Adult Frizzle Roo $5.00 - $10.00 ea.

If i were you i would hold off on that unless she has some kind of really rare breed frizzle bird .

9. oaklandathletic

oaklandathletic Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Fo Snizzle Da Frizzle [​IMG] ..Ouch!!! thats alot of coin....

ButtNuggetQueen likes this.
  10. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Sheesh, I bought mine for like $2.35 at TSC as a chick, granted I had no clue what he was.

Now he's such a butthead I am sure I couldn't give him away [​IMG] which I would never, because he's MY frizzy butthead and I love the little stinker [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by