How much should I sell a trio of white crested polishes?

KKVDK

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
hey so I have 3 polishes. 2 girls and 1 boy. They are about 4 months or so. How much should I sell this trio for?
Thanks so much for helping :bow

Well are they show birds? Hatchery birds? Where do you live? There is a monthly poultry swap near here and I sold a Spitzhauben cockerel for only $7, but if I sold my trio w 2 pullets, I'd ask $25 -$30. Mine are hatchery birds. I don't know if I'd get it or not. Good luck!
trio 7 22 (3 of 1)-2.jpg

If good quality... according to the standard of perfection (no major faults)... at that age... maybe $50... If they were actually laying... maybe $60-75... IF you can find someone willing to take a cockerel. Not too many people can, need, or want cockerel antics.

A true (proven) rooster has much higher value IMO than a cockerel...

Not all parts of CA are created equal... but this is a fair value to me.. Not less than $20 each per pullet before laying (and over 4 months) and NOT less than $30 each once started but still young. Usually takes a couple weeks to get good homes. Craigslist farm and garden section is useful. And that's my opinion for hatchery birds. Ones I hatch myself... the older birds go at the same price but day old chicks are usually triple hatchery price. Every day they sit their getting older, eating more feed, costing more time... know a value that you NEED to get to feel it covered your cost but be willing to negotiate if the people are reasonable and not rude... MOST people don't ask to negotiate. But some think roosters are free... and they aren't... for $7... he MIGHT have gone on my dinner table. I sell my cockerel for at least $10 at 4 months old... otherwise, they can feed my family... Like I said though... considering the people, I appreciate the networking and operate by word of mouth... so, sometimes I roll with it. :)

Good luck! :pop

Back
Top Bottom