How much should I sell Muscovy duck eggs for? (NC)

kitty22496

In the Brooder
May 3, 2016
How much should I sell my Muscovy eggs for? I live in North Carolina and was wondering how much I should sell my eggs for.

Selling for hatching, consumption or both? Are there any ads in your local paper or on Craigslist? I've been bartering with my eggs this year. I traded a couple dozen eggs for hatching for a bag of feed. I gave a dozen eggs for consumption to a co-worker who didn't believe you could eat duck eggs and got a church piano tuned out of that deal... Ads in our area have prices that range from $5 per dozen up to $10. At the local farmers market this past weekend, there was a couple selling duck eggs for $8 per dozen.

Selling for hatching, consumption or both?  Are there any ads in your local paper or on Craigslist?  I've been bartering with my eggs this year.  I traded a couple dozen eggs for hatching for a bag of feed.  I gave a dozen eggs for consumption to a co-worker who didn't believe you could eat duck eggs and got a church piano tuned out of that deal...  Ads in our area have prices that range from $5 per dozen up to $10.  At the local farmers market this past weekend, there was a couple selling duck eggs for $8 per dozen.

I'm selling for hatching and for food.
She's to young to lay right now I was just curious.
I also have someone who will incubate for me.

Back
Top Bottom