How much should i sell my cockerel for?

Donnigan

Chirping
Apr 30, 2016
He is 6 weeks right now but i plan to sell him when he is 12-14 weeks. He is a beautiful grey and silver Ameracauna. How much should i sell him for? Also how much should i ask for my 9 month old Pekin drake? Thanks

Does he have any breeding or exhibition potential? Or is he just an appealing looking rooster? If the latter, free.

Does he have any breeding or exhibition potential? Or is he just an appealing looking rooster? If the latter, free. 

I don't know. I got him from a farm that was breeding Ameracaunas. What do you mean by breeding potential? Thanks

I don't know. I got him from a farm that was breeding Ameracaunas. What do you mean by breeding potential? Thanks

In short, something that will pass desirable traits onto offspring. If the farm is dedicated to producing birds that conform to breed standards, and knows what they're doing, then there is a good chance that your bird may be breeding quality. If it is a farm that randomly breeds ameraucana in order to churn out offspring and make money, it is generally not going to be anything special. Do you know anything about the farm? Any links/website name? How about a pic of the cockerel in question?

Back
Top Bottom