How much water per day syringe

Great news!

Just a tip - when weighing your bird, weigh them first thing every morning on an empty crop. That way you're getting a true weight without fluctuations.

So proud of you for conquering tube feeding!! I'm sure your sweet hen will thank you, too. šŸ„°
Thanks! Will do. I did weigh her on an empty crop before feeding her, but I'll stop it in the morning. She's been in the house with us for 10 days now and before today we had been feeding her five times a day every 3 hours and it took 15 minutes to get the stuff down it was really hard! Now it's it's very quick! Less than a minute for 60 ml!

Thanks! Will do. I did weigh her on an empty crop before feeding her, but I'll stop it in the morning. She's been in the house with us for 10 days now and before today we had been feeding her five times a day every 3 hours and it took 15 minutes to get the stuff down it was really hard! Now it's it's very quick! Less than a minute for 60 ml!
So much easier, huh? Just make sure your tube is down in the crop a good ways, and you're not pushing the formula too fast. Otherwise, sounds like you're getting the hang of it! Tubes also come in handy for giving oral medications. Tubing really is a great skill to know.

So much easier, huh? Just make sure your tube is down in the crop a good ways, and you're not pushing the formula too fast. Otherwise, sounds like you're getting the hang of it! Tubes also come in handy for giving oral medications. Tubing really is a great skill to know.
So today my biscuit is up 0.4lbs in 4 days trying feeding, BUT, she still won't eat on her own. I'm giving her Corid, vitamins and formula. Any idea what's wrong? She looks fine, but of course wearing is important. She's been in my house for 14 days!

Attachments

• 20220322_195718.jpg
    20220322_195718.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 4
Smart move! Good job.

So today my biscuit is up 0.4lbs in 4 days trying feeding, BUT, she still won't eat on her own. I'm giving her Corid, vitamins and formula. Any idea what's wrong? She looks fine, but of course wearing is important. She's been in my house for 14 days!
If you are trying to treat for coccidiosis you can't give certain vitamins. What vitamins do are you giving?

Sorry I'm jumping in here at the end.
I did not read the thread.
I will take a few minutes to go ahead and read back now.

How long have you been giving this and how much are you giving?

How long have you been treating with the corid and are you sure coccidiosis is a likely issue?
It's been at least 5 day tribe feeding her. I have no idea what is wrong. I have her safeguard one day as well.

It's been at least 5 day tribe feeding her. I have no idea what is wrong. I have her safeguard one day as well.
You just started tubing enough water and feed two days ago?

What does poop look like today?

Back
Top Bottom