How much would it cost to take a button quail to a vet?

7iluvanimals

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 1, 2014
We have a button quail chick that has a deformed leg. We have tried to fix it ourself but it didn't work. We already had another one die because of it. What would be the estimated cost of taking this baby to the vet?

Aw, poor thing. You are wonderful for trying.

We had a local pet store that sold buttons and other small animals and reptiles. These two guys knew everything. I brought my bearded dragon to them when I was afraid he was sick. They never charged for looking at a pet, not even for antibiotic shots. Maybe where you bought him or another pet shop could help instead of a vet? Good luck and keep us posted.

I suppose it probably depends where you take the quail. I rushed my young quail in to emergency when she injured her leg after escaping the coop and being bitten by a dog and it cost upwards of $300. I was surprised. The poor girl died a few days later anyway - I think she must have had internal injuries as well. It is a really tough decision whether or not to take small animals to the vet as sometimes there isn't much that can be done. I hope everything goes well for your bird!

Back
Top Bottom