How much would you charge for these fertile eggs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by havi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Sorry I didnt know where else to post this..

Ive had a couple of people ask if they could buy some of my fertile eggs. I have a pure Araucana rooster and the an easter egger hen that lays a green egg. At first I didnt mind give them away. But Ive had quite a few people ask me to sell them some. So I dont feel right giving some away to some people, but charging others. How much would you charge per dozen? I dont want to over charge someone, but at the same time I dont want to under charge them either.

2. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    $15 plus shipping should do it. After wrapping packing and boxing plus hauling to the post office you'll figure thats cheap.

3. lovemychicks2much

lovemychicks2much Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Mercer Co.
    if im reading this right they are going to be mixed eggs so people will be happy to get them but they dont pay much for them so this just my guess but i was say charge 15.00 a dozen and include shipping for that price

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Yes, these will pretty much be a mutt chicken I guess. The rooster came from a real pretty blue egg and then hen lays a nice green egg. Okay now what about for someone local? Where all they would do is come over to my house. How much should I charge then?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by