how much would you pay for this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by miron28, Dec 9, 2008.

1. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    what would you pay for this? the lady said it works great and they are not doing the chicken thing any more. they are asking $250.00. do you think it is worth it or what do you think it would be worth?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    From the way it looks all messy and things i would go for $150
    because of the condition that it looks

3. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    I wouldn't give more than $100 for it myself.
    ~Rebecca

4. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    I have to go on the other side of the fence on this one. I may be wrong, but that particular incubator style sells for 4 times that price. Check the GQF website and look at the sportsman cabinet style incubators. Then you can make an educated decision before saying yes or no. If the incubator works and it was made by a company that is still around and you can get parts for it and you have a use for that many chickens...

5. miron28

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    what type of incabator do you all think it is?

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Brand new the Sportsman models are around $5-600... not including shipping. But that one looks like it's been around the block a few times. If it works well, and can be cleaned up, then it's worth the money, but I'd offer $100 for it as is..

7. miron28

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    i was thinking about 100 to 150 but how do i know it works like it should? should i plug it in before i leave or what?

8. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    I'd say $150 tops. Looks a little used...

9. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

You could ask them to plug it in an hour or two before you get there so you can see if it works...

10. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I think it is worth whatever you think it is worth. The fact that it is not cleaned up has nothing to do with its performance. In my opinion it looks like all the parts are there and the turner motors are about 250 if you want to buy them. All of the parts are available for that incubator no matter the brand. There are no complicated parts. It is a cabinet, heating element, fan, thermostat, and the turner's. I bought an off brand with all of those parts and the cabinet was completely shot and it works great and all parts were available. If you can get it bought for 150 it is a bargain. It is not too much at 250 if you need it. Think of 250 for a nice cabinet vs. 150 for a piece of styrofoam with a heater and fan in it. I think it is a deal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by