How noisey are they?

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
How noisey are guinea and pea fowl exactly? I have heard they can be but i wanna get some. I dont live in a city there is no real noise requirement levels but i still have neibours. Would it compare on the noise level of a dog barking or a rooster crowing and do they make the noise often?

Last edited:
Much less than a rooster or dog I think, a dog and rooster are noisy all year around guineas are not
big_smile.png

I plan on getting some forsure im just asking in hopes i have them longer then a few months then have to cull them due to noise complaints.

Hi i asked my husband the same thing as i wanted some too, he googled guinea Fowl noises on you-tube for me and god there noisy wants they start lol.. Theres a woman on there who uses them as guard dogs
hide.gif

Hi there, Well they all have the machine gun call, and generally only when something they don't like is around.... BUT the girls can be a constant pain COME BACK< COME BACK< COME BACKKK, is what the female unique call sounds like.... My father stayed with us on the farm for a while, and he said the female guinea's call was the one that got him the most, but to me it's just background noise
cool.png
PS it was around 30 girls though
lol.png

Quote:
Only when they breed they make noise otherwise they are quite. They do make good door bells when some come calling
gig.gif

Quote:
Only when they breed they make noise otherwise they are quite. They do make good door bells when some come calling
gig.gif

Ha ha i think my husband showed me the worst of the guinea fowl lol.. It hasnt put me off! Im getting some in the spring next year lol...
ya.gif
. I agree about the cockeral, mine makes a noise all day lol..Tracy xx

guineas make noise all the time...I have five males right now...females all nested in fields and something got to them before I could find them. I personally, like the sound of guineas. I always know when something/someone is here who doesn't belong here as they alert me. They always alert to danger. They will surround a snake screaming till I bring the gun. lol When I go outside they run to me and surround me looking for treats. I would love to have some females but don't want to lose anymore to predators and won't keep them penned up.

Back
Top Bottom