how noisy will the chickens get?

gottsegnet

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Nebraska
And I guess specifically how much louder will eight to twelve birds be than four? We just got four chicks for eggs but would like to try raising some for meat. There aren't any laws out where we live, but it is a neighborhood situation and I don't want to bother our neighbors.

I'm just wondering if it will be possible to have a few extras without anyone really noticing noise-wise.

Meat birds don't really make much noise at all. We always got rooster to raise because they get bigger then the hens do and they just started to learn to crow just when it was about time to butcher them anyway. (8-10 weeks) Just get cornish rock hens if you are afraid of the noise. I would get the twelve. It is not going to make any difference. You will enjoy the meat. Best of luck to you!!

Your egg layers will make lots of noise depending on breed. No roosters = No crowing. Cornish x meatbirds are docile and quiet who bock and cluck now and again.

I have 25 meaties and i don't think they make much noise. I live in suburbia and they are a none issue. Of coarse the will be gone before they crow.

Back
Top Bottom