How Often Do Roosters Crow?

Mine crow in the early morning, crow occasionally during the rest of the day, have a mid-noon crowing war, & Afternoon crowing war, then they quiet up again for awhile.

Yes, we wish he would wait until a little later, but hey, maybe now we will become morning people!
Yeah it’s started making me get up sooner too! Who needs an alarm clock? 😆 My rooster crows for about 15 mins in the morning, then he will periodically crow a few times maybe 2-3 times during the day. It’s not as bad as the rooster down the street from us, haha. He crows like, all day long 😆

I've had roosters crow all day and night. As far as in between crows, I've seen 20 seconds in between crows during a crowing session. That can vary though. As far as in between crowing sessions, that varies. It can be all day to an hour or so. Depends on the rooster.

My roo loves the sound of his own voice, and he loves it at all hours of the day, evening, and occasionally night. I think it’s cute, though! He’s my best buddy.

He gets mad if I don’t pay immediate attention to him anytime he can hear or see me. He screams until I come over to his coop, and then he “talks” to me.

He’s the best dude ever. I don’t care if he’s noisy. I’m also lucky enough to be in the country, with neighbors who also like him.

Ha, my rooster Lucky crows sometimes at four in the morning, his crows are not super loud like my friends rooster who sounds like a scream. But his crow is still strong and masculine. Roosters crowing seems a bit random, sometimes it's a lot in the morning sometimes just once or twice, an during the day, could be a lot, just often or a little.

What breeds he, looks like his got those Barnevelder double laced feathers.
He's a Sebright, but hatchery quality, so not henny feathered. He isn't double laced, just laced (singular). He's verrrry small. Weighs about 1 lb. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in attitude. He's got a heck of a Napoleon complex!

Back
Top Bottom