1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How often do they lay eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by amynbrent, Apr 26, 2011.

1. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    Revised....she said she would lay somtime 3X a day but a few days in between. Still think that dont seem right.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Depends on age of the hens etc. They should lay 4-5 a WEEK. If ya find one that lays 4-5 a day let me in on some eggies to hatch [​IMG] It's probably stress from moving right now that has them slowed down a bit. Give it time and the production should go up [​IMG]

3. amynbrent

amynbrent Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Dryden, MI
    I thought it was a week too... but she said a day. She said she layed 3X a day. She's a little bantam so I dont know if that means something. This is all new to me.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Quote:Nope. Sorry, but there is no way I am believing that. There have been a few occasions where people say they got 2 eggs a day from one hen, but it's a once-in-a-while thing.

5. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    First time today that one of my girls laid 2 eggs, but yesterday I had none, so maybe she had it "stored up"?

6. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    There is no way a hen can lay 3 eggs a day. I would say 3 eggs a week is low but okay but a day no way.

7. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Super Henny!!!!!![​IMG]

8. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess ive been super lucky with 7 eggs a week (totalling 21 eggs from all 3 hens) Good luck and give her some time to adjust

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by