How often do you bathe your dog?

For regular dogs, if they smell bad enough to need routine baths, might want to look at their diets.

I bathe my dogs...once a year? If that? And usually only because they've found something delightful to roll in...

Then again all my my dogs are quite short coated.

Quote:
The last groomer i took my male saint too..could not bathe him..(petco) cause they're tubs wernt big enough for him..
lol.png

She had to tie him on the leg of the table on the ground... cause she wasnt getting him up there either...
He loved it.. the big ham... (it was his first time getting shaved..)

I said fine..just shave him down! I'll bathe him when we get home..*sigh* defeted the WHOLE purpose of bringing him there..
Still cost me around $60 for a basic quick shave down and no bath..
I'm buying my own clippers...

With bigger Dogs it is far better to buy your own grooming shears and learn to do it yourself!!!!! In the big picture its only hair and if you screw up it will grow back - eventually-
big_smile.png

I once sent Murphy to the groomers - and honestly what a mess!!!!!!!!!! They bathed him alright but then they cut and shaved him. - Only they did him like an Afgan hound??????? WHY!!!!!!!!!! When clearly he is an OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG!!!!!!!!!!!! He should have been given a teddy cut????? Idiots!!!!!!! Anyhow he came home looking like a big giant poodle!!!!!!! DH put a pink ribbon in his hair and called him 'Fiffi' until it grew out!!!!!! He refused to be seen in public with poor Murph!!!!

So I don;t think anyone could make that bad of a mistake with their own clippers so go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
We always cut our own dogs and bath them now ourselves. Though they have been known to get the hose on them in the summer months!!!!!!
ep.gif

Oesdog

As needed. Usually once a month at the most, maybe more often in summer as Blaze feels the need to roll in deer poop.

I do the baby shampoo plus Avon's Skin-so-Soft for flea control

People shampoo will not harm most dogs. I use it with my pack all the time. The whole "PH" thing is a joke, because the PH of tap water changes all the time (Mine used to be 7, now it is 7.8, and it used to be 6.4), so there really isn't much of a way to control this.

I like to use Coconut Suave shampoo for the dogs....I've read that fleas hate the coconut scent. My dogs do too.
big_smile.png
I also rub in some Citri-Shine after they are rinsed to replace their lost natural oils until they can replace them more naturally. Since we only do it once or twice a year, it doesn't seem to hurt them any.

We have two seven-year-old Welsh corgis. We've had them washed and trimmed a few times, but that's about it. We've never washed them ourselves. If they go out and get muddy or roll in something that smells to high heavens, I take them down to the pond and throw them in head first. Anne brushes them a lot, but that's to keep the hair out of the house, off the rug and furniture.

Back
Top Bottom