How often do you candle your eggs?

Newbie_Hatcher

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 10, 2010
I'm on day 15 and have so far candled on day 7 and 14, but was wondering how often others candle their eggs?

I did mine today (day 5) only because I was so excited that my new led flashlight arrived and I just HAD to see what was going on. My first hatch yes I am over excited
lol.png

Ahaa, i'm the same, I get excited and have to talk myself out of candling them
tongue.png
I might be tempted to do it again tonight, as there at the stage of development where you really see them moving. I HATE THE WAIT!
hide.gif

I always hatch brown eggs & have tried to candle but never can see anything. So, I just wait. I've got 48 eggs in the bator now & its day 13. Eight more days & I'll find out whats what. I do hope they all hatch because I have them sold already.

I usually only candle on day 10. If the eggs are really dark-shelled and I can't see anything on d10, I will sometimes try again around d14, but I really dislike handling them a lot so I try to leave them alone as much as possible.

My eggs are duck eggs, and are relatively easy to candle, though I'm having to use a cheap torch atm as I lost my LED candler
hmm.png

I think I will candle tonight, and take/post some pictures
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom