1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

How often do you clean coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jessietacos, Aug 25, 2014.

1. jessietacos

jessietacos In the Brooder

May 31, 2014
    I spot check the roost once a day, clean the interior once a week, and clean the entire run twice a year

2. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

I clean out the coop about every month. I use a lot of pine shavings and they seem to stay nice looking for about that long. i like to clean the roost in the morning when I check on everyone.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

1 person likes this.
  3. RonP

RonP Crowing

Deep litter inside and out.

Inside, mabe 2 minutes a week (fluff and or add), then add 1 hour for early fall clean up once per year.
    50 square feet, 12 birds.

Outside has not been cleaned in over 5 years, nor does it need to be.
    200 square feet, smells like the wooded area surrounding it (deep litter also).

Designed for ease of use.

1 person likes this.
  4. lillieegg

lillieegg Chirping

May 30, 2014
    My Coop
    My coop is a little bigger but really easy to clean. I clean it probably once every 3-4 weeks. All I really have to do is take the hay out and replace it, then renew the hay in their nesting boxes. I know they aren't supposed to, but I can't get them to stop sleeping in their nesting boxes so I have to clean out poop from there too.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by