How often do you take out the trash?

Well, this is embarrassing:
Our garbage service only collects the trash once a week on a Monday.
But we use our Organic material, veg scrapes, paper for compost.

Trash pickup is on Wednesdays. The chickens get all of the table scraps, so nothing smells or rots in the trash. I live in the rural area, so we can burn trash. I only throw cans in the recycled bin.

I am handicapped...so my husband takes out the garbage...which he hates to do more than anything else. I am embarrassed to say that it goes out about twice a week, although there are usually three to five large white bags full of garbage sitting in our kitchen.

I don't understand why men hate to take out garbage more than any other chore.

Well, it takes me and my husband about 2 weeks to fill the garbage can, so I usually take it out every other week. If it starts to smell, I'll take it out earlier. In the summer when I compost everything it takes about a month to fill the garbage can.

everything organic but not meat or fat related go into a bin under the cupboard... it gets put into the back yard composter when it is full
dirty paper towel, meat scraps and fat go into the municipality green composting bin... since we manage to backyard compost most everything our green bin only goes to curbside about every three months
kid number one returns all bottles for deposit
all cans and milk containers go to curbside for recycle pickup

Our garbage really only contains foil, plastic and lids that don't go to recycle... this being said for some reason we have a fair amount of this. When the dogs are feeling extra naughty the border collie opens the can so the american cocker can have a snack.... he will eat anything! What this generally means is that as soon as it hits about half full it goes... usually every second day unless something odd had made its way there like tin foil with meat juices, then its when the tasty snack has hit the can... (see border collie/american cocker tag team comment
gig.gif
!)

Tell your room mate he/she is a slob and to take out the trash!

When it needs to, usually 2-3 days, but sooner if it has a funk. Most of it is wrappers, plastic wrap, trist ties and other non-foods. If we have meat trimmings or similar, that goes into a grocery plastic bag and goes out in minutes.

Back
Top Bottom