how often should a chicken poop

That's awesome. I tried the olive oil thing and it didn't work.

I did take her to the vet who cleared the crop. I have her in a dog crate in the kitchen this morning and she just ate the last of the food the vet gave me. She won't eat her own food and the pet store doesn't open for another hour.

Why did this have to happen to my favorite hen. I'm FREAKING out that I'm going to lose her.

I don't know exact #s but I know I have been hurt and not able to do a lot last couple months and I scooped 3-5 gal pails full from there run from 2 chickens. when you do it every couple days you don't realize it but it is ALOT

Well, hopefully, she will be well after this. After the vet cleared her crop she wanted to eat, so her want to eat seems very positive.

She sounds at this time like she is going to get through this okay...Just watch for unusual behaviors, her next poops, and look at color and consistency- that can tell you alot.

we after following the video instructions for the olive oil .. it said no food just warm water for 12-24 hours. Waiting for the blockage to pass through..

Yea, I've read the no food thing too. But the vet said to feed her the watered down mash. She gave her medicine to break up the blockage (what was left after flushing the crop) and it's definitely going through her.

I was gone for the last several hours so it's tough for me to know if she ate anything or pooped as I put her back outside. It's 70 degrees and she'd rather be out w/ her sisters.

Just brought her in and her crop does feel a tad smaller. Gave her a bit more mash. Now she's just standing there so maybe we'll go back outside for a bit.

I think I'll keep her in tonight. I'm just praying she's better tomorrow and not worse. The vet's office is closed till Monday.

You will have to keep us posted as we are watching all our girls..... this web site is a great place for info. And talking with other chicken lovers

Her crop was smaller and I pulled her aside and fed her some more super runny mash and she ate it up. Then I offered her a bit of banana and she ate that up too. Then her crop was quite firm once again. So I really don't know what to think.

My husband says I'm being helicopter mom and I need to just let her be. So she's out in the coop with her sisters tonight and looks comfortable.

Food is moving through her. Her poops were just water when I took her into the vet. And now there is definitely food in there. Still watery but I'm more optimistic seeing that her food IS moving through her.

I'm REALLY hoping that her crop is more normal tomorrow morning.

If she's not a LOT better tomorrow, I'll take her back to the vet on Monday. I'm really hoping that the crop is just irritated from being jammed full of food for three days.

If it was any other hen, I could be a little more chill and let nature take it's course. Seeing how so many others have had hens recover nicely. But this hen is SUPER special. I love her to pieces and I can't let anything happen to her.

I also really want her to raise babies for me in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom