How often should they sleep?

dacasodivine

Songster
11 Years
Feb 19, 2008
I have dialup so it takes me forever to do a search. I just got my babies yesterday. Ideal shipped 31 babies and all arrived alive and well.

15 are mine and started eating and drinking just fine. It was pretty cute yesterday after I got them home. They ate, drank, played for a while and then just plopped over and had a nap. I've watched that they are continueing to eat and drink. I just want to know at what point do I worry they are sleeping too much.

If they're like puppies and kittens, they do more sleeping than anything. It's been some years since I had chicks. I don't remember worrying this much back then.

Thanks,

Danette

They do sleep a lot. I just got my Ideal chicks too!
hugs.gif

Thanks everyone! That will ease my mind. I'll stop poking them. Just kidding! It's even fun to watch them sleep then jump up and run around. I'm so glad I'm on spring break from school after today. I'll have all next week to watch them and play with them.

Redfeathers, that's exactly what they are doing!

I think I've got the bug. I have 15 chicks in my livingroom and thinking I might pop over the the feed store to see if they still have some EE's. I mean, there's sooo much room in that brooder.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom