How often to change water in 100 gallon stock tank

I use a 275 gallon poly tank - or maybe 255. I only clean it out once a year.

My kiddie pools I dump and change weekly.
We would have a lot of algae if we did that here in Ohio unless we had some sort of filtering system. I use large buckets of water for my ducks and they get into them and I have to change the water daily and scrub them weekly for algae. I also have to use city water as that is all that I have access to and it has chlorine in it but has never hurt my ducks.

I use physical filtration on the incoming water, and the tanks are painted to block UV light, which reduces algae concerns to very minimal.

The buckets they drink from? Its summer in FL - algae in days, sometimes seems like hours
Sounds like you have a great setup. I know what you mean about how quickly that algae grows in those buckets. Thank for sharing.

I use a 275 gallon poly tank - or maybe 255. I only clean it out once a year.

My kiddie pools I dump and change weekly.
How do you keep algae from growing in your 275 gallon poly tank? I would love to have something that I only had to clean out once a year. My Ducks get water so dirty that I have to clean out their large water buckets daily so that they will have clean water. Do you have a filtration system on your tank? Just curious, thanks.

We would have a lot of algae if we did that here in Ohio unless we had some sort of filtering system. I use large buckets of water for my ducks and they get into them and I have to change the water daily and scrub them weekly for algae. I also have to use city water as that is all that I have access to and it has chlorine in it but has never hurt my ducks.
Sorry that I asked the same question twice. I forgot what you had told me earlier. Today was sand moving day and my mind is very tired, lol.

How do you keep algae from growing in your 275 gallon poly tank? I would love to have something that I only had to clean out once a year. My Ducks get water so dirty that I have to clean out their large water buckets daily so that they will have clean water. Do you have a filtration system on your tank? Just curious, thanks.
paint. Yes, I use mechanical filtration to keep sticks and leaves and much of the pollen out, but the best way to control algae is to reduce the amount of ultraviolet light that's available for the algae. So I painted my politoe repeatedly with a very elastic paint. It has about about $40 in elastomeric paint in three layers over the sides and top. Thus far, it has worked for me. And I have well water, but my tanks are usually filled with rain water, no chlorine in either of them.

Back
Top Bottom