How old and gender is this I need to know?

It’s too scary to watch I couldn’t handle it will she be ok if I leave her by herself
Not forever. She’ll be happier if she’s with a mean hen than no hens.
The hen may love the newcomer within a little while, but asserting her dominance is inevitable. There won’t be blood. She just will peck her sharply a few times, to give her the message, and then remind her frequently for a little while. But they’ll be flockmates soon.

Not forever. She’ll be happier if she’s with a mean hen than no hens.
The hen may love the newcomer within a little while, but asserting her dominance is inevitable. There won’t be blood. She just will peck her sharply a few times, to give her the message, and then remind her frequently for a little while. But they’ll be flockmates soon.
I just can’t handle her screaming

She was pulling her feathers
That’s probably going to happen. If the hen is going beyond what is normal for introduction attacks(i.e causing bleeding wounds, or pulling out entire patches of feathers for no reason), they may not work as flock mates. That’s one of the things about Silkies. Other chickens don’t see them as chickens.

They're going to scream, they are going to fight. I put my pullets in at night and by morning they had plucked all the feathers and exposed skin on the back of my Faverolles neck. It was a blood bath. this went on for several days. You've just got to toughen up and deal with it. They are going to fight, there will be screaming, missing feathers, maybe some blood... but they'll learn to like eachother; Mine did

Okay. Is there any chance you could post a vid of the behavior the ISA is exhibiting?
There’s a line between a flat-out dangerous bully, and a hen who’s asserting herself.
Pulling her feathers out and chasing her around the pen while she’s screaming and hitting her across the walls

They're going to scream, they are going to fight. I put my pullets in at night and by morning they had plucked all the feathers and exposed skin on the back of my Faverolles neck. It was a blood bath. this went on for several days. You've just got to toughen up and deal with it. They are going to fight, there will be screaming, missing feathers, maybe some blood... but they'll learn to like eachother; Mine did
I’m sorry I just care about my baby chickens

Different breeds and silkies don’t have a Chance
That is not true. There are tons of mixed flocks including silkies. I have a sensitive breed, too. She's super dramatic and screams if the other hens go near her, they don't bother her anymore, but she's just sensitive.. just like the nature of silkies. She'll be happier in a flock. put your fears aside and put your chickens first, please.

Back
Top Bottom