How old are these chicks?

Armyman2007

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 14, 2010
Just curious if you guys with more experience can estimate how old my cornish X's are? I bought them from Tractor Supply on March 6th, but think they were at least a week old when I got them? Not sure. I haven't weighed them yet, I need to get a postal scale. Just tring to estimate a butcher date.

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

Pretty soon the will be going outside in this tractor/coop contraption I have nearly finished.

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

Awesome! I was hoping they were leghorns as when I bought them from TSC the bin said assorted pullets. My friend told me they were cornish X's. Wow glad I now know what they are. Now I can have an egg laying countdown in place of the butcher date countdown.
wink.png

Do you have any pics of their legs? And where are you located....our TSC in LA had a mixed bin of yellow/white pullets and the hatchery(Privett) said they could be any thing from CornishX to Leghorns to White rocks.....they just send various and assorted white pullets?!?!
Anyway...mine were born the last week in Feb and compared to other breeds I have that are about the same age....their legs are a lot thicker. Their body is just a tiny bit bigger, though.

I am in Indiana. I will get a close up pic tomorrow of their legs. They are starting to fly out of my brooder now, I had to make a lid last night. Do Cornish X's fly?

They can flap and fly a little, especially when they are very young. I agree that those don't look like cornish.

My Cornish X are waaaay to lazy to fly. They are coming up on 3 weeks, and make no effort to get out of their pen no - it's only about 3' tall
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom