How old are these ducklings?

Photokitty

Chirping
Jul 6, 2017
Marlinton, West Virginia
I got these ducklings at TSC a week ago. She said they were a week older then the other ducklings in the tank. I have a sneaky suspicion these ducklings are a bit older then 2 weeks... They have feathers growing on their wings and they are absolutely massive. I know they are pekins.

IMG_3939.jpg

Yes they sleep like this on top of the brinsea ecoglow. The little chicks love it because I think it makes it look more like momma lol. This brooder is an octagon currently with 23in sides, they have plenty of room just the look a bit older then 2 weeks. The chicks resting on them are 3 weeks old.

Yup, they have 2 Tupperware deep dishes so they can do just that. Yeah I thought they may be a bit older then 2 weeks. Is it normal to have a redder band on their wings? It may be just skin under the feathers, they weren't being so cooperative.

Yup, they have 2 Tupperware deep dishes so they can do just that. Yeah I thought they may be a bit older then 2 weeks. Is it normal to have a redder band on their wings? It may be just skin under the feathers, they weren't being so cooperative.
I always see pinkish skin on their wings. I don’t know if it’s because they have less down on them or what. But they’ve never acted funny.

Back
Top Bottom