How old are these ducks?

StardustChicken

Songster
Mar 9, 2020
Louisiana
Howdy! I've been raising chickens for a year and after plenty of research I decided to give ducks a try. Got 2 buffs and a Pekin today. Any idea how many days old they are? I can get more pics if needed. Didn't really see any feather development

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_122739.jpg
    IMG_20210302_122739.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 17
Got them from a local feed store (S & J) they only had 2 breeds of ducks
That one in the back looks a lot like a runner to me.
If you look at their bill colors, they are all different. They also all have different down color. I'm pretty sure you have three different breeds of ducks.

That one in the back looks a lot like a runner to me.
If you look at their bill colors, they are all different. They also all have different down color. I'm pretty sure you have three different breeds of ducks.
Might be because of the lighting in the photo (in a car)? They are hatchery stock. I know there can be some off coloring in hatchery stock chickens, I don't know how true that might be as far as ducks are concerned. I'll get some more pics of the 2 ducks in question

Might be because of the lighting in the photo (in a car)? They are hatchery stock. I know there can be some off coloring in hatchery stock chickens, I don't know how true that might be as far as ducks are concerned. I'll get some more pics of the 2 ducks in question
It's not just the lighting...the one I believe is a runner is standing like a runner. More pictures could be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom