How old do chicks need to be before you can use Ivermectin?

Laurelm

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
San Diego County
How old do chicks need to be before you can use Ivermectin? My chicks ( I have several at many different ages) don't have worms but I understand that Ivermectin treats for blood sucking bugs like mites & lice.

Anyone know & also the dosage?

Thanks.

Quote:
I dont recommend using ivomec products on chicks. It's primary purpose is a wormer (poison) that is placed on the skin and absorbed into the bloodstream, injected, or given orally in paste form. Chicks internal organs arnt fully develeped to handle ivomec products. To do so they risk internal damage to their organs, possibly death. I recommend you use sevin dust, adams products, or any other topical product that will prevent and/or kill lice/mites.
I wouldnt use ivomec products til they are over 6 months old. This also allows time for their egg making parts inside them to get properly adjusted to normal egg laying. Additionally there is a 2 week withdrawal period.

Quote:
I dont recommend using ivomec products on chicks. It's primary purpose is a wormer (poison) that is placed on the skin and absorbed into the bloodstream, injected, or given orally in paste form. Chicks internal organs arnt fully develeped to handle ivomec products. To do so they risk internal damage to their organs, possibly death. I recommend you use sevin dust, adams products, or any other topical product that will prevent and/or kill lice/mites.
I wouldnt use ivomec products til they are over 6 months old. This also allows time for their egg making parts inside them to get properly adjusted to normal egg laying. Additionally there is a 2 week withdrawal period.

Thanks That is what I thought. I have sprayed them so hopefully that will work.

Back
Top Bottom